Friday, August 24, 2007

About Me

I’m a former TAG student, and I graduated in 2001. During my senior year I got Rebecca to let me take mechanics and E&M concurrently. (At the time she only offered mechanics, so you guys are lucky.) Anyway, after I left TAG I did my undergrad at Rice, where I majored in physics and math, which was a fairly equal mix of entertaining and agonizing. On graduating from Rice, I hopped clear across the country to the University of Wisconsin, because I wanted to work with a guy there named Wesley Smith. That seems to have worked out pretty well, because I spent the next couple of years finishing up my grad classes, and on June 4th he moved me out to CERN in Geneva, Switzerland, which is where I am at the moment. I’m currently doing research on something called supersymmetry, and in the next couple of years I’ll write and defend a dissertation, at which point I’ll get to be “Dr. Weinberg”.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker